Instructional Designer and Copy Editor
Campus Support is a centralized service center that supports its clients in making students the number one priority. We are committed to delivering essential operational, marketing and leadership support that enables each campus team to provide an exceptional educational experience. We are happy to say that we are looking for an Instructional Designer and Copy Editorto join our team!
We are looking for a dynamic and committed individual who is passionate about educational programming and career development.
The purpose of the Instructional Designer(ID) and Copy Editor(CE) is to build and copy edit online curriculum and courses for online programs. Under general supervision of the Instructional Design Coordinator and AVP Online Education, the ID is responsible for instructional design, coordinating content creation with Subject Matter Experts and instructors, copy editing and maintaining online courses within the Learning Management System (LMS).
The Instructional Designer and Copy Editor will at various times be responsible for the following as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the Company.
- Evaluating on-ground instructional material for conversion to online
- Designing, developing and implementing online courses and programs using instructional design methodologies and instructional tools
- Maintaining the programs within the LMS and performing quality insurance
- Ensuring the writing is easy to read and fits the course content and style.
- Proofreading and editing content to catch any typos and help polish up the writing
- Continuously checking formatting issues as well as ensuring that all content pieces follow instructional and user experience design best practices.
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in the Instructional Designer position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- One (1) or more years of experience in online curriculum development, instructional design experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in post-secondary education and distance learning
- Experience using multiple Learning Management Systems (especially Moodle)
- Knowledge of competency-based curriculum and assessment design approach
- Knowledge of access and usage of open educational practices, resources and textbooks
- Hands-on experience in the areas of: instructional design; post-secondaryinstruction; business/industry training; educational technology applications,program and curriculum evaluation; instructor development activities
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation in English
- High standards of behavior, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Articulate, Captivate and Adobe
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff.
- Excellent organization skills
- Creative, innovative and ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully resolve issues from identification through resolution
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills