Campus Support is a centralized service centre that supports its clients in making students the number one priority. We are committed to delivering essential operational, marketing and leadership support that enables each campus team to provide an exceptional educational experience. We are happy to say that we are looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to join our team!
The purpose of the Instructional Designer (ID) is to build and manage online curriculum and courses for the online programs. Under general supervision of the Instructional Design Coordinator and AVP Online Education, the ID is responsible for instructional design, coordinating content creation with Subject Matter Experts and instructors, and maintaining online courses within the Learning Management System (LMS).
● Overseeing instructional design techniques used by subject matter experts and instructors to build online curriculums and courses.
● Evaluate on-ground instructional material for conversion to online.
● Design, development and implementation of online courses and programs using instructional design methodologies and instructional tools.
● Developing highly interactive and engaging blended learning for all learning modalities.
● Maintain the programs within the LMS and perform quality insurance.
● Working Closely with Compliance departmentand ministry standards to apply for new programs and develop new policies for online education
● Coordinate content creation and program logistics with the instructional design assistant and other online staff
● Provide LMS academic support to the Student Services, Administrator and online Instructors.
● Researching and verifying the quality in the design and delivery of the programs/courses.
● Producing quality e-Learning course materials: course design, course outlines, lesson plans, PowerPoint slides, videos, quizzes, diagrams, interactive exercises, and assessments.
● other duties as required in support of the department.
To be successful in the Instructional Designer position must be committed to developing and maintaining the following:
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree
● One (1) or more years of experience in online curriculum development, instructional design experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
● Experience in post-secondary education and distance learning
● Experience using multiple Learning Management Systems (especially Moodle)● Knowledge of competency-based curriculum and assessment design approach● Knowledge of access and usage of open educational practices, resources and textbook● Hands-on experience in the areas of: instructional design; post-secondary instruction; business/industry training; educational technology applications; program and curriculum evaluation; instructor development activities
Skills and Abilities:
● Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation
● High standards of behavior, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Articulate, Captivate and Adobe
● Ability to work cooperatively with other staff.
● Excellent organization skills
● Creative, innovative and ability to work independently and within a team
● Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations● Strong time management and problem-solving skills● Ability to successfully resolve issues from identification through resolution● Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills